Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Santa

I am not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that Zane appears to be interested in Santa now. He even says he wants to go see Santa...which I was sure would not happen this year. When I asked him what he was going to tell Santa he wanted for Christmas, he said, "Cars and trains." Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, either! I guess it's good he is interested in something other than trains but cars?? They take up as much space as trains and we really don't have the space. Oh well....we'll figure it out somehow.

We had a great time in Cleveland for Thanksgiving. Zane loves to watch Grandpa run his trains! I love watching the two of them together...I know Zane's only three but I can see him making a layout someday - maybe even with some of Grandpa's trains. We also went with Aunt Beth, Uncle Peter, Andrew, Maggies and Ethan to help them get their tree. Zane was better dressed than I was! He had boots and snow pants...I had tennis shoes and jeans. It'd be nice if I could remember to pack everything for BOTH of us. Someday.....

Getting pretty emotional the closer the holidays get. Mostly just so thankful for everyone and everything in my life but also that little pang of worry that something could happen to any of us at any time.

Zane's doing great in preschool...except that he talks all the time about what appears to be the 'trouble' child of the class. Today he spit on someone while they were having playtime in the gym. The afternoon teacher said another student ('trouble') had just done it so I'm sure was copying but I was rather appalled. Zane and I talked about it at home and I told him how hurt the other friend probably was. Hoepfully it doesn't happen again. He can count to 39 with a couple prompts and he can count to 10 in Spanish. He also knows the Spanish word for red, yellow, blue and green. I'm just amazed at what he knows!!! I'm excited for his Christmas program coming up! He did say he has been singing Jingle Bells at school so I guess that's one song he'll be singing! Just can't wait!!!

No comments: